Marple Newtown Recreation
Skip to nav
Clearance Information - Volunteer
Due to amendments to the Pa. Child Protective Services Law (CPSL), all prospective volunteers who supervise children in any capacity (coaches, school aide, etc.) must obtain the following certifications prior to service:
Additionally, a fingerprint based federal criminal history (FBI) submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorize agent is required if:
- Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP); and
- Child Abuse History certification from the Department of Human Services.
- The volunteer has lived outside of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the last 10 years.
Volunteers who are not required to obtain the FBI certification because they are applying for an unpaid position and have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years must swear or affirm in writing that they are not disqualified from service based upon a conviction of an offense listed on the affidavit.
Please follow the links below for each of the three (3) clearances.
- The PA State Police Criminal Record Check can be done by going to https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp. Click New Record Check (Volunteers only) and follow the instructions. At the end of the process, please print the certification form as proof of submission.
- Website to do the PA Child Abuse History clearance is https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home. Click Create Individual Account. You will create a login for your Keystone ID# then receive an email with a temporary password. Log In, create a new password then complete all of the information. Make sure to click Volunteer. They will email you when clearance is complete.
- The FBI Federal Criminal History Record requires a 2-step process including online registration and fingerprinting taken digitally at a registered site. However, if you have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past ten (10) years, and have not been convicted of enumerated offenses, you may submit an Affidavit (found under forms), in lieu of the FBI fingerprinting check.
Clearance forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 610-353-2330, mailed in or dropped off to the Recreation Office (20 Media Line Rd., Newtown Square, PA 19073).
- Go to https://uenroll.identogo.com/ to register. There is a $23.85 fee for this clearance which includes an automatic mailed unofficial copy of the results to the applicant. Once you have registered, proceed to an approved fingerprinting site to be digitally fingerprinted. Volunteer code is 1KG6Y3